FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Centre Sheraton Montreal Hotel [Master Thread]
Old Dec 2, 2007, 6:03 pm
sbtinme

Programs: United GS, Fairmont Platinum,SPG LTPlat, Hilton Diamond, MarriottGold..like the rest of the world
As a friendly reminder to those considering this Sheraton..... if you are booking a Club Room or if you anticipate Club access due to your status with SPG, be advised that this is one of few hotel clubs on the planet charging for soft drinks -- including Club Soda. They also charge for any juices after breakfast hours.

If you gathered 100 business travellers in a room and asked them what the most basic expectations of any hotel club lounge would be, surely complimentary soft drinks and bottled water would be very near the top of that list. It is very frustrating that this hotel chooses to deviate on something like this that ends up feeling like nickeling and diming. When I'm paying a $210 room rate as a Plat and get club floor access, I should get that club soda with a lime without shelling out another $4.50. Ugh.

This is one area that I really fault Starwood for not insisting on brand consistencies in core components like a Sheraton Club Lounge. It is reasonable to expect NOT to be charged for soda in a club lounge since it's exceptionally rare that one ever is.

Anyway -- heads up. This little $5 surprise so annoyed me on my last visit that I've moved my business in Montreal to the Marriott.