FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starwood Discount Codes (SET #)
View Single Post
Old Dec 1, 2007, 6:40 pm
ldsant
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Originally Posted by kevinsac
Doesn't one of the other hotel forums (is it Marriott?) have a stickie with SETs? There has been discussion here....and I have asked one of the Starwood mods about it, but got a real wishy-washy response about "yeah, they do it. we could too. we've talked about it. yeah, we'll talk some more. we'll let you know."
Sorry if you think that the mods gave you a "wishy-washy response. . "

To further explain this, we did discuss it, we also discussed it with other moderators as well. Since *wood has made it rather clear that they do have many occasions where they do ask for a company ID (there are several threads about this) and then people are upset because they're not having that rate "honored" and since others on the board also know that the codes shouldn't be shared, it was decided that we would not post SET codes here on the public forum.

You'll notice that, in fact, as a matter of practice in MANY of the forums, there are many things not posted in any of the forums e.g., elite phone numbers for UA 1K, PremEx, etc., Hyatt SET codes (or equivalent are not posted), nor are codes for other airlines. This is a public forum and if you would like to post your company's SET code for everybody to use then feel free to. Of course realize that *wood does seem to have a rather good internal auditing department. I'm not sure that my employer would look kindly on everybody having access to codes that were negotiated for our company. For those who are saying that "other" forums have them published, if you look at all of the forums you will find, in fact that they are far and few between.

It has been a matter of respect and the fact that folks who visit this forum have asked the codes not to be published as well so that there aren't any issues downline. Again, this was a discussion that was had a long time ago and we decided that for this forum it wasn't appropriate. I hope that this provides a non "'wishy-washy" answer.

Should folks have a compelling reason to have the SET codes published here, by all means, please PM us and we'll discuss this again (nothing is ever "permanently" closed unless it's a direct violation of the TOS).

ldsant
*wood co-Moderator