FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 30, 2007, 3:21 pm
MattTaiwan

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by richee
Stayed there early October - was on the club floor and received the box of 9 chocolates/truffles, too. Also received a bottle of nice red wine, but I think that was for something else, and not part of the Diamond amenity.

I think the hotel offers free room service continental breakfast for all Gold Passport members. gregorygrady and I are leading parallel lives. As in another thread where I was just like GG (number of FFN nights for this promotion period) .... we did something similar as in his report a few posts earlier ..... 2 years ago when we stayed there (and also received a box of chocolate truffles for the Diamond amenity), my wife figured "why not?", and had the room service delivered, but then we went to the Club and stuffed our faces even more.
Now only Diamond members will have continental breakfast thru room service. Grand Hyatt Taipei cancelled this benefit to Platinum and Gold member last few years. You will only see a menu on door and printed "Diamond member only" some words like that if you are a Diamond member.

I've been charged for the continental breakfast few years ago when I'm a Platinum tier. The story is I did not see the GP menu hand on the door and just simply order it via phone, then I found it charge to my bill. I asked the front desk why they charge for it, one lady mentioned that " we cancelled the free continental breakfast for Platinum and Gold member for few monthes, now only free coffee/tea served in the morning"

But anyway, they deduct the price of coffee/tea but I still have to paid the price for juice and bread