FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Comments welcome, voting underway: Should VX Have a Forum?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 5:57 am
techgirl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by Cholula

Plus there appears to be certain strategies to how various members vote.

Most of the persuasion is handled prior to the motion and seconding. At that point, for two weeks, the TB members vote and that’s that. Sometimes the vote is quick, as Jenbel states, and the results are then posted.

However during certain votes, the persuasion continues and/or some members do not vote until the last minute due to IMHO :

1. Travel schedules or personal issues which are more important than an Asiana Forum.

2. Waiting to see how the public thread plays out pro or con.

3. Blowing it off due to not realizing how close the end date of the voting was.

4. Waiting to see how your fellow TB members are voting on the thread before casting your own vote.

5. Wanting to be a “motion-maker” or “motion-breaker” by casting the deciding, last vote.

One of the interesting things I’ve observed thus far on TB is how the voting proceeds once the motion is made and seconded.
I usually vote fairly quickly on issues where it seems there has been a great degree of discussion beforehand and/or the issues seem clearly delineated. I usually vote fairly late when I'm not familiar with the issues at hand (the Indian airlines vote recently, for example) and/or if I think that my opinion is likely to be swayed by discussion that is ongoing.

I'd say I vote later more often than earlier. In this particular vote, however (VX), I've already voted in favor.