FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes
Old Nov 29, 2007, 3:38 am
mosburger

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Fully agreed. I really cannot understand why AY tries to save so much with lounges, there's a very nice and large BA lounge @DUS, but AY uses the el cheapo option Hugo whatever, as they do at soo many other locations as well.
My thoughts exactly. A simple agreement with BA over joint use of the Terraces lounges would be a big step forward. The Hugo Junkers lounge at DUS is not the worst one could encounter but "el cheapo" hits the right chords. Not what the aviation pioneer would have enjoyed himself, for sure.

Luckily there's OW and this is only affecting those premium pax who do not fly OW regularly. Though, inside Schengen this is often an issue as BA lounges are at different terminals/areas etc.
Yep, the Schengen/Non-Schengen divide is a problem with BA lounges.

I am writing this from BA F lounge at LHR T1 and even here, at BA's home base, AY doesn't cooperate with their alliance partner when it comes to lounges, simply unbelievable to me..
Well, if things go like expected, The Wing and Pier will be my new "home lounges" soon. ^ Will then only credit to AY when in need to upgrade someone in the family or flying in the cheaper booking classes.

Last edited by mosburger; Nov 29, 2007 at 3:53 am