FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: 4 PM Late Check-Out: A benefit for Platinum, Gold & Preferred Plus
Old Nov 27, 2007, 5:48 am
Downunder girl

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Unhappy My late check out was taken away

I was told I had late check out at my last stay when I checked in. Around noon (even though I had do not disturb sign on my door) housekeeping knocked on door. So I called down to reception to see if there was an issue. I was told that I didnt have late check out and they needed the room . I said that I was given late check out - girl said "no its not listed here"! So after pushing my pt - but she didnt give in, I said ok I will get ready to leave and get down to reception before 2.30pm.

I was unable to get a 'preferred room' that evening as the hotel was oversold, so I was happy I had been given the late check out. I ended up with a pretty small room with a view of the car park (at least I could see my car in that overpriced car park) - so that was a bonus !

To then have late check out taken away, I was not thrilled . I completed the customer experience card and took it downstairs, advised lady at check in what had happened. She apologised. I was then waiting in reception and the assistant manager come over and apologised to me. She was lovely ^. As I had another stay already booked, she promised to look after me on my next stay .

Last edited by Downunder girl; Nov 27, 2007 at 6:06 am