FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Giftcertificates.com now charges $2 per for digital delivery
Old Nov 26, 2007, 7:52 pm
alect

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by Cheapskate Travels
Alect you were using an old Super Certificate, right?

I wonder if GC.com is not charging the fees on old Supers, but maybe the new T&C's/website will charge for future Supers and their redemptions.

Anyone on a GC.com "mileage run" buying a new supercertificate/redeeming a new supercertificate please post any info.
Well yes if old=a couple of weeks (ie pre the new site)

I don't know the same language as was there a couple of weeks back when I bought mine is still there:

What Service Fees are Charged?
The purchase a merchant gift card or a SuperCertificate includes a service fee, which covers the cost of U.S. Mail shipping, packaging, customer service, etc.

* Service fees are not assigned to merchant gift cards when a SuperCertificate is being redeemed
* Emailable merchant gift certificates are not charged a service fee.

* Emailable SuperCertificates are charged a $0.95 service fee.
* Physical SuperCertificates are charged a $1.95 service fees.
* Physical merchant gift cards are not charged a service fee.
* American Express® Gift Cheques are charged a total service fee of $12.95 and $2.75 per cheque plus applicable shipping charges for orders up to $100.
* American Express® Gift Cheques are charged a service fee of 12% and $2.75 per cheque plus applicable shipping charges for orders exceeding $100.

Shipping fees are calculated based on a maximum of 400 gift certificates and a value of $10,000 per package. Orders exceeding either amount will ship in multiple packages and will be charged accordingly. Your credit card will not be charged until your order ships from our facility

The GiftCertificates.com MasterCard® Gift Card
The GiftCertificates.com MasterCard Gift Card must be shipped via standard US Mail. A shipping fee of $1.00 will be applied to orders.
No service fees are charged until the thirteenth month from the day of purchase, whereupon a Monthly Maintenance Fee of $2.00 per month will be applied to any remaining balance, except where prohibited by law.
(my bolding)

Some of this seems inconsistent with their shipping fees - if the servcie fees cover shipping then why charge shipping fees also?

it seems pretty clear that redeeming SuperCerts into merchant gift cards does not incur a fee.

Maybe their site is just not functioning as per their own T&Cs?