FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: 4 PM Late Check-Out: A benefit for Platinum, Gold & Preferred Plus
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:40 pm
Starwood Lurker
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Originally Posted by fwfdan
Recently asked for a 4pm checkout and was told 1pm - then when I pressed was offered 2pm or 4pm with a half-day charge. The manager on duty eventually straightened it out but in the meantime I called SPG and was told that the room key folder that states gold benefits was wrong - it said 4pm with an asterisk that stated resort and conference centers when available. I understand the point that it is not feasible to give all golds and higher 4pm, but that is what the folder stated... am I missing something? (I maybe once a year ask for late checkout and always got it - did not think there was an availability issue (or charge - but as I said, the mgr took care of that and apologized for the staff member who did that...)
Assuming that this was not a resort or a conference location, I'm glad this was able to be sorted out at the property. This is what it says in the Terms and Conditions of Membership in SPG:

c. Upon request, 4 p.m. late check-out worldwide, subject to availability at resorts and conference locations.

Anything less than this should be reported to Hotel Customer Service at 800-328-6242, as suggested in the sticky at the top of this forum.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]