FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta to Close City Ticket Offices in the United States Except in New York City
Old Nov 20, 2007, 9:40 pm
vasantn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by jbatl
Did I read that properly? You like something? I thought you were here just to be acerbic and contrarian.
As I've said elsewhere, that's how I've reached nearly 8,000 posts, just being acerbic and contrarian and providing nothing of value.

You know what else is a waste of money? Renting NYC storefront space to set up airplane seats and hand out airplane food. Yes, $3m is chump change for a company like DL, and note I said that was the worldwide budget. There are far more CTOs outside the US than inside.
  • What airplane seats and airplane food? I must have missed this.
  • $3MM is significant to a company that has come out of bankruptcy and is looking to show profits.
  • The CTOs outside the US cost far, far less to maintain, so I have to believe that the bulk of the $3MM is spent on the domestic CTOs.
  • Airline agents are probably the least reliable sources of hard, factual data.

Email, friend. Email. No fuss, no waste.
You want to kill all those electrons? Are they less deserving of compassion than trees?