FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Los Angeles Westwood 2007 on [Master Thread]
Old Nov 15, 2007, 9:32 pm
sfozrhfco

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
I've stayed there 15-20 times this year and I've had good experiences every time. The check in staff knows me by name and seem genuinely happy to see me when I arrive. I like the fact that every room is a little different as I hate cookie cutter hotels. Some rooms have the peek a boo shower--others have the old tub and regular shower. The place is comfortable, the pool service can be hit or miss but was truly stellar during Memorial Day weekend. Regular rounds of stawberry and mint water, cucumbers, frozen grapes--brought around frequently--no charge. Sure you get the people that are lounging by the pool to be seen and aren't staying at the hotel--but who cares--it is LA afterall. Not many people are there to swim anyway and most days it is temperate enough to lounge by the pool and not get hot enough to swim.

Yeah the typewriter has not had a ribbon for months. How many people use them these days anyway? It is just to create a look. If somebody were really into writing a script for their next big movie in the lobby of the W, most likely he/she would have a lap top.

The great thing is that the rooms are spacious, comfortable, and inviting. It is also convenient with restaurants and Whole Foods within walking distance. Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and West Hollywood are not that far away and accessible by public transporation. There is even a new Flyaway service direct from LAX to Westwood.

I'll be interested to see what the new W in Hollywood is like as well as the former Le Meridien/soon to be SLS property on La Cienega. In the meantime, the W is by far the nicest Starwood hotel in LA.