FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Sheraton Jerusalem [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:51 am
TLVorbust

Programs: CO - silver, dl plat, spg plat, Marriot plat
"The Club Lounge, accessible to Sheraton Club guests, offers complimentary breakfast, evening hors d’oeuvres and a variety of beverages. It’s the perfect environment to meet with your team, connect with friends, or relax in front of a 42” Plasma HDTV"
What are people's recent experiences with Platinum suite upgrades? We would be staying there for 5 nights thru Dec. 24th.

I also know nothing of a lounge. All guests, as far as I know, can get breakfast in the dining room. I have never seen a plasma TV, however, there is a workout room and pool, if I remember correctly.

Also, what do people think about the following proposed itinerary, using the Sheraton Jerusalem as "base camp":

Day 1 (Friday): Arrive 3:10 PM (BOS-LHR-TLV). Taxi from Airport to Sheraton Jerusalem Plaza Hotel. Light family dinner.

Day 2 (Saturday): Daughter's Bat Mitzvah, followed by bigger family celebration.
Mazal Tov!
Day 3 (Sunday): Jerusalem - tour temples and churches, ride a camel, walk thru old city, etc.

Day 4 (Monday): Massada, Dead Sea, maybe a Kibbutz visit

Day 5 (Tuesday): If we don't visit a Kibbutz on Day 4, we could visit one on Day 5, and what else should we do on that day?

Should we rent a car for days 4 and 5, or take a taxi?

Day 6 (Wednesday): fly to Cairo.

Does any have a great guide to recommend?

I have 2 friends who are proffesional tour guides. They work through some of the larger tour agencies, but it is much better to talk to them directly. PM me if you would like their contact info. (They are truly excellent. Proffesional, knowledgeable , and fun!)

Some of the places that you missed and might want to think about are:

Tel Aviv
Yad V'Shem (a must)
Hazeirim (The air force museum by Be'er sheva, outstanding)
Ein Gedi, which is right by massadda/dead sea.
Spend a night in Kibbutz Lavi, in the galile. They have a hotel, and it is 15 minutes from tevaria.

Thanx.