FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 4: Purview Over Policies of Moderation
Old Nov 12, 2007, 4:08 pm
ClueByFour

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by nsx
I have a constructive plan for specific action: clarifying the TOS. Nobody else running has a plan that has any chance of resolving your concern.
Not true. I plan on letting Randy continue address that specific concern To wit:

Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
As for the specific things you mention? Well, unlike all other travel communities like FlyerTalk that have sprung up, isn't it pretty cool that we actually have that type of plan already built in other than suspensions and bans and if you want to compare, i don't believe most other travel communities even have an appeals process. If that is your concern, i think over the next 3.5 years that will be resolved to your satisfaction. It might relieve you to know that we have as an advisor for this issue, a recently retired appeals judge with 18 years of experience in such matters and he is graciously donating his experience and time to further our efforts in this area.
I'll let Randy run down this road, and if he asks for input, give it. I'm not going to assume (as some have) that there actually is a problem (I don't believe there is) and that Randy wants or needs unsolicited help in solving it (checking out the entire post in the link above will prove what I have been saying--he's got it well in hand, and this business of his demise is highly overblown strictly for a political platform grab). If he asks the TB to give it a once over, so be it--but until that time we should allow the guy who built the house to do his thing.