FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please don't laugh - my ipod has been washed.
Old Nov 12, 2007, 7:10 am
kanebear

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Originally Posted by Emma65
A quick update:

The ipod is yet again taken apart and is with a friend of mine in Germany. If he can repair it - great! My sister then have an ipod video. If he can't repair it - no major loss. I'm picking up a "new" of the same capacity when I return home from my german trip. I am currently running my entertainment on an old ipod mini that I resurrected by changing the battery. Blooming spare part cost a fortune but well worth it. My mom is inheriting it on my return.

On a diffrent note: I was given a Lacie mobile HDD of 250GB. We've done a wee-bit of surgery down here. Basically swapped the 120gb internal drive in the macbook pro with the 250GB WD Scorpio that was in the Lacie drive. Bliss!!! It will be a while before I need to travel with spare drives.
Space is a beyoootiful thing. As for ordering the new iPod... see if you can get it from the 'states. Does Amazon ship electronics abroad? You'll save a ton. Same with iPod spares. HTTP://www.ifixit.com is great... I note that the replacement mini battery is $14.95. You should shoot whomever sold you the battery.