FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Air Canada Early Status Recognition Thread
Old Nov 11, 2007, 1:18 pm
margarita girl
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
OK, I know there will be those that said "I told you so" but I'm really ticked right now at myself and at Air Canada. I purposely had my AP number removed on 2 trips which accounted for 9 segments in order not to cross the 75K threshold in early November (to delay getting new SSWU certs that expire in 09 instead of 08). Somehow AC managed to post my points for 1 of those segments (2078 miles) so I did cross the 75K threshold on Nov 2. Now I am sitting at 90 segments, which would have been 98 segments with the flights that I delayed posting on. I've got 4 segments coming up this week, which will bring me to 94, so still short of the magic 95. When I delayed posting my flights, I thought I needed 100 segments for SE hence no disadvantage in not getting my flights credited right away. Now it looks like I may not get my SE until next year because of my antics, plus I didn't delay crossing the 75K threshold at all!

Yeah, yeah, yeah .... I told you so ....