FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your right to fly without ID (proof at last)
Old Nov 10, 2007, 9:16 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by jt32199
I don't see what the fuss is about unless you're a wanted felon, terrorist, drug smuggler etc. I'm partly disabled and I have a foot brace and metal cane. I get pulled out of line for a sniff test and x-ray of my device every time. This is not a violation of my rights. With the wacko's out there, I'm glad they do it!
Be thankfull it took this long for them to start doing it. I've traveled all over the world and most countries have used this procedure for years to find criminals, terrorists etc.
Try going any country in Africa, S.America, Asia etc and you'll appreciate the U.S. process. You have to show your passport. Thats an ID isn't it? You think our security lines are long? Whats the difference?
If you're a member of a certain ethnic origin and your being singled out, blame your drug smuggling, sucide bombing, radical religious countrymen for the scrunity.
Quit being paranoid. Be a good citizen and help the government do their job in protecting us from the bad guys. Would you perfer they not do it and have the plane your on get hijacked or blown up? I think not.
I'm proud to be an American and to help my government stop this insanity of others that want to destroy the american way of life.
Like my dad said, you have nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide.
Cue the music "God Bless America", superimpose the flag, and slowly fade to black.....
So, you'll have no problem being searched in the street, having the cops come in and toss your house on a whim, and be subjected to interrogation when the gov't feels like it? After all, you have nothing to hide.

Sorry, being paranoid is thinking that everyone of a certain group should be scrutinized because of some bad apples. Should all white people be subejcted to the same scrutiny because of those who deal drugs, commit murders, and bomb buildings? Or is it just because it's someone else and doesn't affect you?

"I have nothing to hide" is a cop out for "I don't care what the Constitution says or the protections it provides" all under the guise of flagwaving and "patriotism."

Last edited by Superguy; Nov 10, 2007 at 9:23 pm