FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 14: Forum Autonomy, Inclusive Events
Old Nov 9, 2007, 1:31 pm
kanebear

Programs: Bah, HUMBUG!
Flyertalk has always been different things to different people and the various fora reflect this. The UA forum has a very different flavor from the BA forum that's as different from the CX forum to the SQ forum and so on. Omni, of course, is as odd as odd can be which makes it IMO a wonderful place all it's own. I wholeheartedly embrace the current ethos of Flyertalk that treats each forum as it's own 'city' within the community and allows each to have it's own identity. It's part of what makes FT work so well. Much as Dallas 'feels' different than Denver which feels different than Dubai or Delhi, our various fora are more reflective of the users than anywhere else on the net, I think. It's wonderful!

As for 'dos, I think any 'do announced on Flyertalk needs to be open to any FlyerTalker wishing to attend. I understand the limitation on airline/corproate sponsored 'dos but for member-planned 'dos if it's announced here it should be open to all.