FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards Enhancements!
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2007, 5:58 pm
Beckles
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nsx
It takes 2 standard awards or two Freedom awards to go to Hawaii. Capacity controls apply either way. In summary: when you spend your Freedom awards on ATA flights, they spend the same as standard awards. You are paying twice as much as you need to.

Using Freedom Awards on ATA is possible, but no FTer would be caught dead doing it.
Well, reading the entire rule and not just the one sentence I was basing my statement on previously, it looks like you guys are right, the entire rule is:

"One (1) Rapid Rewards Standard Award or Freedom Award is valid for one roundtrip to any city Southwest Airlines or ATA Airlines serves in the continental U.S. Two (2) Rapid Rewards Standard Awards or Freedom Awards are valid for one roundtrip to any destination ATA Airlines serves in Hawaii. All Award Travel on codeshare (service involving a Southwest and ATA Airlines flight) or ATA Airlines-only service will be subject to seat restrictions whether you are traveling on a Standard Award or a Freedom Award."

With that further context I agree that you could spend 64 credits to travel to Hawaii if you wanted, but it does not require 64 credits, you are just allowed to spend that many if you want to, but you can also get the exact same flights for just 32 credits.