FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards Enhancements!
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2007, 2:58 pm
mctrees02

Programs: WN A-list Preferred and CP, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, RIP Kimpton
Here's my problem with the system...I typically fly 10-15 flights/year. Most are on WN but some are on AA. I'm paying for virtually all of them as my company doesn't send me out for business that often. Thus, the perks that WN offered me (8 flights = 1 r/t flight, ability to check in early and get exit row seating) were something that I really valued.

I had 2 flights with my company on AA and then an "emergency" trip to LAS that I booked on AA (time issue and a bit cheaper) and so I was able to do a gold challenge and thus I have status with AA. Now, I'm faced with a situation where my chances of getting an exit row seat are virtually non-existent and at best I'll likely end up with an A50 or B#'d BP. For somebody that is 6'4"...having the ability to "choose" where I sit is important to me. Whether it's by "assigned" seating or "open" seating...I like having that ability.

As it is a virtual certainty that I won't have 32 one-way flights in a 12 month period (regardless of carrier) I've now lost any incentive to fly WN unless I'm using RR credits. Maybe if I'm able to earn enough credits through the credit card/AGR/CH/RR promo to get a CP then I'll have some incentive...but even then it will suck being stuck in non-preferred seats. Oh well...I'll stop the whining now. Enjoy your business customers WN!