FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 6: New Forum Criteria and Reasons to be Cheerful (Part 3)
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:43 pm
Weatherboy

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Forum Criteria / Interest in Running

Originally Posted by flyertalk
This question was submitted by member Cholula:
Question 1: If elected to TalkBoard, what would be your personal criteria for the establishment of new forums?

Question 2: Please state your primary reason for running for TalkBoard.
For Question 1, I don't have a set criteria in mind. My intention is to hear-out the needs and passions of the community and use common sense to add new forums. FlyerTalk needs to be anchored in efficient dialog so that new and old users alike can get the insight they're seeking or willing to share quickly. Necessary new forums will bubble up to the surface naturally whereas ideas for unnecessary forums will die off naturally too.

For Question 2, I'm a passionate traveler who wants to foster the dialog that happens between the traveler and the travel company. With airlines and hotels adding staff to purposely scan these forums and/or become engaged in the dialog that happens here, it's very important to make sure the community has the tools and the venues to share insights and opinions. I want travelers to have as many positive experiences as possible. At FlyerTalk, they can get feedback and insights from other travelers in their shoes ...while also influencing and impacting the services they get from the travel providers (i.e.: airlines/hotels) too. FlyerTalk is a great community ...and I'd like to do whatever I could to foster an even greater sense of community.