FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 2: Palatable Moderation
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2007, 8:20 pm
ClueByFour

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
I actually think that most would prefer to move on to topics that they could actually be active with on FlyerTalk – topics which were within their spelled out responsibilities.
I think we heard this, somewhere in the vicinity of milepost #8 in this very thread.

Question for the candidates who still insist upon developing strategies to control something that our host indicates is not within the Talkboard's purview: how exactly is that going to work, any why would it be the least bit beneficial to spend the Talkboard's time on it, especially in light of what Randy said before and reiterated just now?

Found a little something in the archive, which I'd like to ask Punki about. This can be found at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showp...4&postcount=64 (or here) and is, as of the time of my edit, pristine (meaning it's never been edited, and if an edit does show up it's after our gentle membership has read what I'm currently writing/quoting):

Originally Posted by Punki
I guess I just don't see how the TalkBoard has anything to say about what folks post in any forum.
Originally Posted by Punki
What I specifically don't understand is why TalkBoard, rather than the moderators and Randy, would be involved in making forum content decisions.
It sure seems that you are supporting what a good number of people are saying on this thread, but it strikes me (and I'm sure others) contrary to what you are saying on this thread. ??? You asked the initial question, after all.

So I really don't get it: Randy's confirmed the purview issue and (in your own words) you don't seem to have a problem with the status quo: why the original question and why are we continuing to bat this around?

Last edited by ClueByFour; Nov 6, 2007 at 9:25 pm