FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 2: Palatable Moderation
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2007, 6:54 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I'll relate how I do it. Most of this is theory that I've never needed to practice. I typically informally warn a member via PM if there is a problem. Sometimes I give the member some time to correct a post, but if it's going to cause an avalanche I'll just delete it and PM the member.

Ignoring that warning by repeating the behavior draws a formal warning, more or less the same as the informal except recorded in the database.

Ignoring that warning draws a 7-day suspension. Something way over the line and obviously intentional will draw an immediate suspension.

The next violation draws a 30-day suspension, and after that it's a permanent suspension. Any suspensions can be appealed to Randy.

That's the procedure in a nutshell, as I understand it. I've only issued one suspension in 2.5 years, that one for 7 days, so it's not like this is anything I need to be fully precise on.

Oh, I almost forgot. Spammers and bots draw immediate permanent suspension, but nobody actually reading FT falls into that category.

Does this clear things up?