FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 9: How Will You Seek Input?
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2007, 5:33 pm
Radioman

Programs: BAEC Gold, Priority Club RA, Lots of other cards
Originally Posted by flyertalk
This questions was submitted by member Kiwi Flyer:
It has been written: "This council establishes the direction that FlyerTalk is heading into our future and represents and directs the general membership in issues that serve both the short- and long-term interests of the FlyerTalk community."

I would like to know how the TalkBoard candidates will seek input from the membership at large whom they're seeking to represent.
Hi
The problem with seeking input is trying to get people interested in reading what has been either mentioned in a newsletter or postings at the top of forums.

I would say that a vast majority of FTers really dont care what happens in the background, but its just a few thousand who really get into the swing of things.

Look at the amount of folk who viewed the main posting regarding the elections, I think it only reached a few thousand, you would have thought it would have been in the 10,000s but nope, its of no interest to the others.

I think for starters that we could look at a newsletter that might be more interesting to folk.

Apathy plays a big part in any online forum, there are many lurkers and not enough posters at times.