FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 9: How Will You Seek Input?
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2007, 2:59 pm
RichMSN
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by kanebear
By the same token you sound like someone more interested in challenging and debunking others than putting forth your own platform and ideas.
Contrary to this post, I do have a platform, which will be evident from my answers to the ballot questions provided Internet Brands can actually get the answers to my other four questions posted before the election.

I believe that openness, candor, and transparency bring about the best decision making.

I believe that, with few exceptions, the TalkBoard has been nothing more than a glorified board-organizer the past 2 years:

Want a new forum? Ask TalkBoard, where they'll discuss it to death and then let their own personal feelings about the topic decide how they'll vote, rather than put up the board and monitor its progress.

Want to bash OMNI posters yet again? Why, let's put forward a motion to not count OMNI posts while ignoring real proposals other members make.

So, what's my platform?

I want to change how TB does business.

I want forums to be approved quickly and monitored after the fact.

I want every user-submitted proposal to be debated openly and voted on.

I want to seek out members and ask their opinions on how FT can be a better place. PM, emails, DOs, whatever medium possible.

I want the TalkBoard to meet at least twice a year in person and spend actual time together, discussing the future of FT and how the TB can improve that future.

I feel I have an actual platform and "challenging and debunking others" is my way of saying that I DON'T feel others do. This is a debate, right?