FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 2: Palatable Moderation
View Single Post
Old Nov 6, 2007, 10:56 am
Punki
Suspended

Programs: Ephesians 4:31-32
Kanbear writes:

Punki is one such successful appeal. It may not have been as quick a process as she'dve liked but it happened.

I will reiterate: moderation affects a very very small subset of FTers. The vast majority haven't ever even had a PM from a volunteer acting in an official capacity, much less an official warning.
Well you can actually count me (and my husband) among the teeny, tiny little subset of FlyerTalkers who have both A. been suspended, and B. Never received an official (or even unofficial) warning prior thereto.

I am hoping that since our overturned suspensions, and maybe even partially because of them, that the moderator team has tightened up on themselves, making clearer guidelines, investigating their suspicions more carefully, and conferring with one another in greater depth before taking action. That would be good for everybody, but especially for the efficacy of the moderator team.

It would also be a wonderful thing if the moderator team established a consistent method of communication with the general membership. You know, something like, "We had a meeting in Phoenix last week to discuss how to better serve the FlyerTalk Membership. Here are some of the policies that we discussed, and decisions that we made. ................................. We welcome your input and feedback in order to do a better job in the future."

Given patience, and a sincere effort at trying to understand one another's positions, there are probably very, very few instances, except for blatant spamming or posting of obscenities, where suspension is actually necessary.

Open communication--talking and listening, really trying to understand one another--is always a good thing. Shoot it might even result in whirled peas.

Last edited by Punki; Nov 6, 2007 at 11:06 am