FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 9: How Will You Seek Input?
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2007, 8:42 pm
Cholula
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
I've just received this follow-up PM from KiwiFlyer, who posed the original question in this thread:

"Just to clarify the key word in my question is seek input, i.e., being proactive rather than reactive. At least it is the key thing for me."

I think it's an important distinction and my original answer is somewhat lacking as a result.

My fellow TB members have often discussed, formally and informally, how we could involve more members in the decision making process on FT.

No matter what is done to encourage participation, for some unknown, unfathomable and bizarre reason, 99.9% of the folks who post on FT are concerned only with maximizing miles and points.

There are just a tiny handful of FT'ers who are concerned with the structural, policy and/or legislative matters on FT. And I don't think that whatever we do is going to change this.

TalkBoard Topics, the public forum where members can register their opinions, questions or comments on FT structure/policy, is one of the least visited forums on FT. And has always been so.

I don't have the answer to this question but perhaps others will weigh in here and we can come up with a solution to this.