FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question 2: Palatable Moderation
View Single Post
Old Nov 5, 2007, 12:33 am
GenevaFlyer

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Excellent moderation overall!

Hi all,

My turn to step in here ... overall, I think that the moderators on FT are doing an excellent job. Sometimes, it can be hard to enforce rules, and you will always hear some grumbling.

For example, who do you hear complaining most about the installation of automatic radars in France to catch speeders .... those who got a ticket for speeding, not those who abide by the maximum speed (I'm not one of them, but if I get a ticket, I accept the consequences of my acts).

In the particular case of moderation cited in the question, there were a number of angles that each side of the argument could highlight. I believe the case was handled properly.

I can't speak for the moderators, but I'm sure that if in doubt, they consult each other (if they don't, this could be a suggestion for improvement) with regards to the best course of action.

However, overall, I say job well done in a difficult context! Once a debate gets heated, the attacks get pointy and any acts of moderation can be seen as picking on one side of the debate in support of the other.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer