FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 30, 2007, 6:18 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hong Kong to Melbourne (HKG-MEL) on Qantas 747-400 business class

The shower is horrible - leaks, doesn't seem to be too clean and certainly not stylish - but still refreshing. A couple of minutes to check my email and then it is time to head to the gate. With the late arrival we are late departing also. At the gate the agent wants my ticket coupon which I gave up in London because my boarding pass says "ticket coupon required". It takes a while for her to understand that I was on the same flight already and thus have no coupon any more. At the aircraft the FA takes a while to locate the seat number - probably hasn't seen to many Doha-issued boarding passes

We got another amenity kit but no pajamas. A further small delay to locate some missing passengers However reasonable tailwinds mean we will arrive in Melbourne only 20 minutes late.

Lunch is served 1 1/2 hours into the flight. Dinner 1 1/2 hours before arrival. I doze some more, and watch some "classic" movies.