FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 29, 2007, 3:14 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Bahrain to London Heathrow (BAH-LHR) on British Airways 747-400 business class

Pre-departure drink is a choice of water, orange juice or champagne. After take off somehow they miss me in asking if I want supper - I most definitely was not asleep

Supper is served with cabin lights down low so that those who want to sleep (most of business class for example) can do so. Whereas for breakfast the lights are put on full an hour before landing.

We'd made up a lot of time in transit and in the air. So much so that we arrived early. The captain announced we'd be holding east of London to await 6am but we got lucky and were allowed to continue and land with only a minor detour flight path curving over central London.

Because we arrived early the airbridge wasn't ready and a 10 minute wait. Then a long walk (yes moving walkways were generally not working), for we got gate 25 at the end of Victor pier. T4 transfer security was empty (both fast track and economy) and I was soon in the lounge. For the first time ever (at London Heathrow) my one world status was recognised and I was directed to the first class lounge without having to ask for my entry rights. Only a short wait for a shower this morning. Amazing what a difference a few minutes makes.