FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Non-crew employees cutting security line
View Single Post
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:28 pm
Bart
Suspended

Originally Posted by WineIsGood
Consider a shopping mall: employees of Starbucks, McDonalds, etc are required to park in the furthest parking spaces so that customers can park close to the mall. Some malls have separate employee parking garages. A shopping mall wouldn't stand for employees taking the closest spaces while customers have to park further away.

It's not the corporate manager's problem that employees have to wait in line - it's the employee's responsibility to get to work on time, whether there is a line they have to wait in or a parking lot to walk across.
Different analogy. By the way, at my airport at least, the employee parking lot is the one farthest away from the airport.

I did not say that corporate managers demand employees cut in line. I said that corporate managers do not concern themselves with this. However, if airports suddenly started enforcing policies across the board requiring no cutting in line by anyone, the first ones they'd have to deal with would be those corporations. To put it another way, given a choice between Starbucks pulling out of an airport and a very small minority of passengers who complain that Starbucks employees get to cut in line: guess who loses the argument?

I clearly understand how you and others don't like my answer.

But it's the truth, and you know it.