FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Grand Central New York REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Oct 25, 2007, 8:37 pm
alect

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by westcoastman
Be glad you did not discover the alcohol. It is by request and you will be asked to sign a reciept for the number of drinks you order. We had a couple of glasses of wine both nights and was very surprised when they came up to $50 on the bill. $12 each glass plus taxes. Granted $12 at a NYC lobby bar or trendy club is expected however in a RC? I inquired at check out about how it seemed high for a RC and I just got the typical "this is NYC" bitterness from someone probably struggling to live there. I was told that management has decided not to post the drink prices, even on the bill you sign, probably because it leads to more consumption. Granted there was a lot of British tourists in the hotel so $12 is a mere 6 GBP which they would probably not even blink at.
Wow - unbelievable. I would assume drinks in a lounge are free. If you're going to charge then at least make that abundantly clear including prices

Is this truly a general distinction between US and overseases lounges? I know it seems to be with Hilton.