FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flight Pass - Class Action Lawsuit!
View Single Post
Old Oct 25, 2007, 7:51 pm
xray

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
Here's the response to my e-mail to Customer Service (through the website):

Additional upgrade demand from increasing Latitude Pass sales levels has created some significant pressure on our capability to offer complimentary upgrades up to last seat availability and still provide customers to purchase an Executive Class ticket at the last minute.
In an effort to maintain our ability to capture the full revenue potential of the Executive Class cabin, new online functionality has been introduced in order to set aside a pre-determined number of Executive Class seats (threshold) for last minute purchases. Online complimentary Latitude Pass upgrades will be processed until the minimum preset threshold has been reached. If you are unable to capture a complimentary upgrade prior to arrival at the airport, you can use a Top Tier upgrade certificate.

While I appreciate and regret that this may disappoint you, this new policy is to be able to accommodate the customer who wishes to purchase an Executive Class ticket or to upgrade their existing revenue ticket to an Executive Class fare.

I think those of us that have given AC thousands of dollars for flights yet to be flown are a little more than disappointed...