FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC airports using airline ticket agents agents of the government
Old Oct 24, 2007, 9:24 am
GadgetFreak
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am not a fan of gun control laws. I believe that no restrictions should be placed on anyone who is not a minor, has a criminal conviction, or a history of mental illness.

That being said, I have even a stronger belief in states' rights and New York State has every constitutional right to impose any gun control laws it wants.

The fact that you might have woken up in Conn and planned to go to sleep in Arizona is immaterial if you had possession of that gun while travelling in New York.

If having it in both those states is important enough to a passenger, he can arrange his flights without going into New York. Or, if he wants to fly from one state where it is legal to another where it is also legal, he can check his luggage through -- meaning that while he retains ownership when it is in New York, he does not have possession.
Do you know how profoundly troubling I find it when I agree completely with you? Hopefully, I have troubled you as well by this acknowledgment