FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [GONE] Sheraton Iguazu Resort & Spa, Argentina [Master Thread] LEFT SPG 29 Sep 2017
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:16 am
sushibear

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
[QUOTE=skye1;8606055]If you're not an early riser, I'd definitely suggest "becoming one" just for your stay there. The precious couple of hours you can spend within the park in the morning before the hordes of tourists arrive is COMPLETELY worth foregoing a few extra pings on the snooze alarm. On my last visit there, I went thru the entire lower circuit, at a leisurely stroll, without intersecting another visitor.[/QUOTE

This is absolutely true and one of the main reasons for staying at the Sheraton. I'm not an early morning kind of guy, but I made myself get started early. I had the whole Argentina side almost to myself until about 10:00 when the tour buses started to arrive. Even at the Devil's Throat, there were only a handful of people. It's one of the most profound experiences of my life.

I'm curious if anyone else was a little freaked out by the coatis. They kept surrounding me when I was alone on the paths. I felt like I was in an Alfred Hitchcock movie. I found that if I just hissed at them and waved my arms they ran away, at least for a while. There was only one alpha male that I found myself having a stand-off with. I wondered if rabies is an issue at all.