FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why not include hotel address in local language (esp. in Asia)?
Old Oct 22, 2007, 6:29 am
Idranet

I tried using the International Site link. However, if you input "China" it changes all of the information into Chinese characters. That doesn't allow me to identify the city/hotel/etc that I'm trying to locate.

It seems that the website is set up as all-or-nothing as far as the languages are concerned. If I input English, I can't get the hotel information in the local language. If I input Chinese, I can't figure out how to select the hotel I want because everything is in Chinese characters. It doesn't simply switch the page from English to Chinese, it returns you to a starting point where you have to select a city, etc. which I'm unable to do because I cannot read Chinese characters.

Some combination to allow the address in the local language would be a great enhancement.

I did (successfully) use the "contact us" option to obtain the information for my stay, and that is what prompted me to propose this as an enhancement to the site.

If I had not thought to do this and print it out prior to my actual trip, though, it would not have helped. In one case, the information was needed upon my arrival at the airport and I had no access to a printer. In the second stay, it was late in the evening when my plane arrived, and again, there was no printer access prior to my arrival and there was no one at the Marriott desk at that hour of the evening.