FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 21, 2007, 10:54 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Seoul Incheon to Hong Kong (ICN-HKG) on Cathay Pacific A330-300 business class

Eventually the lounge opened and I used the facilities until boarding. The lounge is okay but not as good as Singapore Airline's lounge at ICN. The first class section is simply a handful of chairs with a cardboard sign labelling them first class. Also, important for some FTers, no alcohol - at least not at this time of day.

The flight is very empty in business class, and not particularly full in economy either. So we pushback early. The usual long taxi at ICN for takeoffs normally in the opposite direction to landing so as to easily avoid North Korean airspace.

Since I was asleep for the flight up I check out the IFE - it is non-avod and has about a dozen movies plus a couple of shows. The personal tv is rather small.

I dozed a bit more.

We arrived into Hong Kong early but had a short wait on the apron for the gate to be cleared of the previous aircraft. I went to transfer desk and got checked in for the next flights - 2 more boarding passes. Then through security and up to The Wing for a shower.