FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why not include hotel address in local language (esp. in Asia)?
Old Oct 19, 2007, 7:25 am
Idranet

Why not include hotel address in local language (esp. in Asia)?

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I searched and did not find anything.

As a suggestion to Marriott corporate, why don't the website or individual hotel fact sheets include the address of the hotel shown in the local language? We recently had 2 stays in China, and neither hotel displayed their address in Chinese characters. While I was able to send an email requesting this information, it would have made things a lot simpler if it had just been posted on the hotel website or fact sheet.

When I arrive in a country that does not use the same alphabet/characters/etc, and I need to take a taxi cab to reach the hotel, I find it tremendously reassuring to have the address in the local language to give to the taxi driver. It makes the airport-to-hotel trip much easier.

Of course, once I've gotten to the hotel, I've always gotten a card from the front desk that contains this information, but I'm talking about trying to get to the hotel in the first place.