FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:02 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
No please don't ask me
Cairns to Melbourne (CNS-MEL) on Qantas 767-300 business class

I chose to fly the turnaround back to Melbourne even though the schedule permitted Sydney (which earns the same number of status credits) to avoid the risk of misconnecting, and to make use of the much easier domestic to international transfers at Melbourne.

I had just a couple of minutes in the rather full temporary Qantas Club before boarding began. Despite the late arrival, boarding was again quick (at 20 minutes) and we left close to scheduled time.

Meal was also lunch - a choice of chicken salad or braised veal.

IFE was No Reservations followed by Chaser's War on Everything.

I was getting sleepy to dozed a bit.

We parked up on the far left hand pier so a moderate walk to international terminal. There was a guy at the entrance who made me weigh my carry on. When he saw the weight was just under 10kg (yes that's right - surprised even me it was that light) he realised he would be stupid forcing me to check it in, especially in business class. I grabbed some more Australia departure forms to replenish my stocks and quickly through immigration and security, and back to the first lounge which I'd last visited just 9 days and 60,000 miles ago.