FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My Coke Reward Points [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Oct 16, 2007, 12:52 pm
TrojanHorse
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by divilish
Ouch.....

They had 10,000+ is all I remember yesterday.

No way that many were awarded in less than 24 hours.

MCR must have pulled them back for some reason. Possibly they were too cheap?
when I saw that these were out there, I immediately went to MCR and started redeeming as I couldn't believe that there wasn't any inflation. I fully expected the price to increase significantly IF they ever restocked.

I have to think then that they are re-pricing now. It would make sense based on what they did with all of their other good travel redemption awards.

If they had 10,000 of these, you know darn well that they pulled them back.. I mean in 24 hours that would mean that they are redeeming over 400 per hour for each and every hour over a 24 hour period.. maybe there are that many people out there and maybe there are that many who check back often or it could be a bunch of people like me who hord points till they find something they want and then go nuts when they find it but I seriously doubt it.. MCR had to pull these back

Brendan, as for not sleeping, I always get up early for my coffee and to check FT.. but usually I'm looking to get in on some sort of air/hotel deal that went out overnight but I guess in this case mcr was the lucky strike for me