FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:15 pm
joeyvegaz

Programs: SPG Gold, UA/AA Commoner
Le Meridien Parkhotel Frankfurt

I am scheduling a trip to Eastern Europe over Thanksgiving starting in Frankfurt and decided to stay at the Parkhotel. I was going to finally start using all of the points I had accumulated, so I tried to book an award room. Nothing came up for Nov 16, 1 night. So I called and was told that the only award room was a deluxe which was 11,000 instead of 10,000 points. I agreed to book at that. But then I looked into booking Nov 24, for my last night before returning and found that only 2 single bed rooms were available for booking at the 10,000 rate. I then checked randomly up until April 2008 and noticed that as far as a normal award goes, ONLY "2 single bed" rooms are available. Cash and points offers 1 king, and 3, 2 single bed rooms. So my question is, isn't this hotel kind of breaking the rules by naming every room as "superior" or "deluxe" in order to avoid adhering to the rules regarding starwood awards?