FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TSA Confusion on Medical Shoes/Appliances
Old Oct 14, 2007, 12:54 am
Pat89339
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I've been dealing with one of the renegades at SFO for the past three Saturdays. I go through, no alarm, it is clearly announced to her and she still gives me the full search. I ask if he she didn't hear the screener there was no alarm and she ignores me and continues to give me directions, including the evil roll your waistband down. Again I remind her that if there is no alarm, all she is supposed to do is an ETD swab. Still she ignores me and continues to give me orders as to what to do. Okay, so I kinda had it with her this morning. I stood there, getting fed up with this crud and turned it into an American Idol moment and burst out into song. It was an inspired selection I learned probably in the third grade...My Country Tis of Thee. There's nothing quite like singing about liberty and freedom in the absence of such.

Of course I asked for yet another complaint form and told the useless supervisor what she had done. His response was that he'd have to ask her. He couldn't care less. I'll be flying again next Saturday so I'd better rehearse the rest of the song.