FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enroll in the Citibank® / AAdvantage® Debit card — and get 10,000 AA miles
Old Oct 13, 2007, 2:54 am
lin821

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by veganmacrochick
Ok, my stupidity runs deep. I actually trusted that lady and now have a 'cash advance' on my credit card for $350. do NOT do what I did!!! As soon as I saw it I came here to let you know. Now........ what do I do? I hate to think of the charges I'll get. Perhaps I should start by ringing Citibank and complaining? Sheesh! Party never stops here.
IIRC, the one and only time the credit card charges would be treated as standard purchases (i.e. without any fee) is when used to fund the 1st opening deposit for the new accounts.

Since your CC has been hit with this cash advance, I would advice you to call the Citi Creditcard directly and see what they can do for you. Let them know you got bad advices from incompetent bank CSRs. The Creditcard people "might" feel sympathetic and reverse the fees. I doubt it though. I don't think you can dispute the transaction at all, giving you did authorize and used it to cover the balance for Checking billpay.

Not sure if you use the linked CC regularly. If so, stop using it NOW and be prepared for the finance charges soon to kick in when your current statement closes. Pay off everything immediately on the very next day. Overpay the balance will be even better so the interests on the finance charge & cash advance will be covered and not accumulate more fees. It will take two billing cycles to clear up the "fee mess" so write another mental note to yourself to examine the bill when the next statement closes.

If I were you, I wouldn't use that linked CC until everything is clear up. Good luck!