FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Give me one good reason not to defect to Continental
Old Oct 13, 2007, 1:21 am
jerseyfinn

Programs: AA MARRIOTT Lifetime Plat Premier ; Marriott Vacation Club
. . . Give me one good reason not to defect to Continental . . .

1. Reason number one . . . . . . . . . uhh . . . . . . why one should not defect to CO . . . . . . . . . . why oh why . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . uhhhh . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . to go or not to go . . . . . . . . ummm . . . . . . . . . . because . . . . ahh . . . . . . . . . . OH YES . . . .. . . CO doesn't have a CEO like DP ??

But in all seriousness, yourself and lots of folks here have put up with a lot from this crew in Tempe. Lots of us have tried to play the game and kept waiting for US to square things away, but they never did.

My wife and I are leisure travelers who do some 6 or 7 TAs a year along with some domestic flying. We've got our own set of worries/issues with the US product. But the business traveler was erased from Tempe's equation a long time ago and you folks got screwed royally by this Tempe band of bandits.

I read your post and replies to it with great interest as we are in the early process of pondering a switch in the future which would probably have us flying somebody out of EWR. Kind of scary to learn that EWR is son of PHL. Then again, Jim provides insight about CO as a hub flyer there.

FFers are creatures of habit who would prefer constancy to change and seek reliability and regularity. A smart airline knows how to provide this. I believe that this present exodous of US FFers represents the final verdict on Tempe. You're the patient folks who tried to make it work but could not find a helping hand from Tempe.

Good luck with CO and safe flying. I'm still stuck in the sandbox with these out-of-their-depth kids from the west until we see if Open Skies blows anything new into our market which might resemble an airline which cares and can execute on ideas.

Barry