FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:57 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Hong Kong to London Heathrow (HKG-LHR) on Qantas 747-400 business class

This flight is less full and most business class passengers on the lower deck have a spare seat alongside, so I suggested my seatmate moves across to the other aisle which he readily does.

Meals are breakfast and lunch - see menu above. While the menu card refers to pre-order breakfast there was no separate card for this, at least not at my seat.

Once again the IFE isn't switched on until well into the flight, and is switched off an hour before arrival.

Unfortunately cloudy most of the way and thus no view of the Himalayas. On the flight path map we seem to have lots of twists and turns along the way.

I catch up on some sleep, watch a couple of movies and some reading.

We got lucky by not being put into holding pattern on arrival, only to spend the best part of an hour taxiing to our remote stand. Door 2L was used and the FAs were letting economy pax out before business and first (in fact blocking business and first) , at least they were until the CSD noticed and put an end to it. I managed to get on the first bus (just).

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 10, 2007 at 12:12 pm