FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 10, 2007, 9:55 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
In transit in Hong Kong

Walking up the airbridge I got the transit card, remembering that on my round the world in under 60 hours earlier this year tht was denied access through transit security without the card - for the single flight number flights between London Heathrow and Australia/NZ pass through Hong Kong the day after departure and thus the boarding pass has the wrong date on it.

As I'm a fast walker and know where I'm going I get through first. But on the departures level I decide not to turn right to head upstairs for the Qantas lounge and instead head across to The Wing (one of Cathay Pacific's nice lounges, the other being The Pier). While it is about 5 minutes walk away, I figured this way I could be confident of getting a shower. At the entrance there was a gaggle of passengers with some kind of issue that the one and only agent on the desk was trying to sort out. Not wanting to lose the opportunity to shower I tried to head past but the agent moved quickly to stop me and scan my boarding pass. Post shower I notice the time and head back to the Qantas lounge so I don't have to rush to board. I take the short cut by the offices between the 2 wings.

The flight isn't yet ready to board so I headed up to the Qantas lounge. Both first class and business class sections were full, with first class section being smaller and more crowded. I have enough time to arrange another meeting before boarding is called.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Oct 10, 2007 at 10:07 am