FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 10, 2007, 7:50 am
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
In transit in Melbourne

I had just enough time for a quick shower before my meeting. I'd prebooked one of the suites for the meeting and this was the first time I'd used them. They provide reasonable amenities although in the few free moments I had I couldn't see where to control temperature and so bore with a overly warm room. There are phones, computer, printer, paper and pens, a nice big desk, desk chairs plus some comfy chairs, even a tv and toy box!

By the time I finished up I had run out of time to have a sit down meal in the lounge. So no menu, but I'll try to pick one up on a later transit. Although the food in the lounge is undoubtedly better than in the air, I didn't mind too much. It isn't as if I'm not getting plenty of opportunities to eat. And with several long onward flights to come it isn't as if I need to get to sleep quickly on the flight from Melbourne.

Nonetheless I have a couple of drinks. The champagne on offer is only Veuve and Chandon

And then it is time to board the first of many longhaul flights.