FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anybody still seeing "go back to the end of the line"
Old Oct 8, 2007, 6:40 am
polonius
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Lufthansa Miles & More, Flying Blue, Hyatt Gold Passport
I have ignored the baggie/100ml rule from the start. I carry several liquids/gels in my laptop bag -- usually a tube of toothpaste, often some nasal spray or eye drops, ink cartridges etc. I've never had security question or harass me about them, and that's including during my visit to the USA a couple of months ago where, as usual, I was SSSSed and made a point of harassing the agents in return. As usual, they detained me and threatened me with arrest, but didn't bother me about my liquids not being carried properly.

That said, on flying from Mexico to Budapest via FRA with 3 very expensive bottles of tequila a little while ago, authorities at FRA gave me two options:

1) Exit through immigration, go to LH check in and check the tequila, which would mean missing my flight, and because I was travelling on a discount fare, go and buy a new (€330) ticket to BUD

2) Surrender the tequila

B¤#+!rds!

Apparently this is because you cannot change planes with liquids, even those purchased past security at your originating airport. If FRA had been my final destination -- no problem. If I had checked in Mexico -- no problem, but I couldn't change planes with them.