FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - It's a Fine Line Between Pleasure & Pain: 4 wacky weeks 2 RTW C, inaugural longhaul Y
Old Oct 7, 2007, 6:57 pm
Kiwi Flyer
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Queenstown to Christchurch (ZQN-CHC) on Qantas 737-300

With the slightly late flight there is pressure to turnaround fast so I need to be quick picking up some stuff, then through security and time to board already. There is a moment when the gate doors become stuck for us last 3 passengers. I have just enough time to savour a last look at the snow covered mountains surrounding the airport - on one side shining brightly in the sun and on the other side already deep in shadow for the late afternoon sun. The next time I'll be at Queenstown will be for the do. Unfortunately for me the wait on the airstairs isn't long enough for me to watch the Air NZ 737 take off ahead of us.

Once more the flight is completely full. The flight is uneventful - I spend much of it looking out the window. Even after many dozens of flights in this part of the country I still never tire of the view. As with the flight down there is a muffin and water, but no hot beverage due to the short flight duration. All too soon we are back in Christchurch and I make my way to the lounge once more.