FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does BMI still status match?
View Single Post
Old Oct 2, 2007, 4:29 pm
Schultzois

Based on what I've read here, I gather my chances of getting a Gold match from my BA EC Gold Card are pretty good, while any form of M&M match is next to nothing. I have a couple questions for anyone here who might know, though:

(1) Will they create a new member year as soon as they do the upgrade? I am not a DC member yet, but will plan to sign up and then request the match per instructions here. But I do want to understand how long my matched status will be valid for, and what the timeframe for re-qualifying will be.

(2) My main aim is to be/keep Star Gold with at least ONE Star Alliance program (but flying most all of them), and earn redeemable miles I can use for travel on pretty much any Star partner. I buy mostly Business and First fares, which from my reading suggests M&M or DC are probably the two to go with (they give the 100% and 200% bonuses to paid J and F travel). Are there other *A FQTV programs I should look at?

I'm now based in South America (*A is weak down here with the loss of RG, but hey, what can I do?) and I fly regularly to US and Europe. Plans also forming for South Africa and Asia, with a RTW not out of the question. I used to be UA MP and went back and forth between silver and gold but won't even consider them any more as they treat even their F pax like Y pax if you don't have Gold, but they don't give you Gold any easier as an F traveller (on partner flights) than as a Y traveller.