FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [LEFT MARRIOTT] The Park Central San Francisco [Master Thread]
Old Oct 1, 2007, 2:50 pm
BlissWorld
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Wouldn't you like to know?!
Originally Posted by sgaldis
Thanks a lot for your help, Blissworld! I was a little hesitant to try out the bus lines in SF, and chose to opt for only BART transportation instead; maybe I'll branch out this time! It's nice to know that taxi's are inexpensive as well.
Down here in lil' ole Alabamy we don't really use them too often. It seems every time I'm in a metropolitan city like NY you're looking to drop at least $20-30, minimum. I know that's not a big deal to most, but when traveling by yourself, adding in that much extra for every little bar, shop, tourist stop etc... you want to visit can add up!
You are welcome.

I understand as $ here and there do add up. There are more bars and restaurants that open late (past midnight) in the mission district. Unfortunately, if you do plan on staying past BART time, the easiest way will be a cab. The bus will be cheaper, obviously, at $1.50, but you might have to wait for a long time for them as they don't come that frequently after midnight. Worst case scenario, you can always walk! The cross street at the Westin is Mission and 3rd, and if you will be at mission and 24th, you can always walk 21 blocks. (I've done it before, although I wouldn't recommend it at 2am in the morning). Check out www.sfmuni.org for bus routes.

If you have any other questions please feel free to PM me.