FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Serious question about switching airlines
Old Oct 1, 2007, 1:21 pm
macyyz

Programs: Aeroplan SE, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by aaac
Yup, I was going to say the same thing. If you have been using the AE website, it is due to either the incompetency and/or the money-hungry AE management.

You can call the AE center and tell them the number of Y and J seats (in NA) that you want and you will always have them at the Classic points at anytime. But good luck fighting with them on waiving the call-in fees. Man I am getting worked up about this fee already.
I am very glad that I posted here. After reading this, I found out that though I have SE status, the website was not showing this to me. It still isn't fixed for booking, but I can just call and get the points. Now my wife and daughter are flying to Moncton for 40k points. I don't care about the fees and such, all airlines do that.

The main reason for the post in addition to that, was that for me, my flying tends to be all from Toronto to points in the US. If I was making a switch to a new program, then I was interested in peoples experiences with those programs from a Canadian perspective.

Thanks for the response. Hopefully my bookings will be doable online at SE status... god knows for the 100 flights I have done this year, I deserve a bit of a break.